by Steve Phinney, MD, and Jeff Volek, PhD, RD
by Jason Fung
by Jason Fung
by Gary Taubes
by Nina Teicholz
by Josey Arsenault and Évelyne (Dr) Bourdua-Roy
Dietdoctor.com is one of the most comprehensive site available on therapeutic and low carbohydrate nutrition, with instructional videos, science and recipes/meal plans.
Ditch the Carbs contains many recipes and other good information about LCHF and low carbohydrate nutritiion.
If you have type 2 diabetes and wish to become involved in a large online low carb program, check out diabetes.co.uk.
LCHF For Health Professionals
Institute for Personalized Therapeutic Nutrition (IPTN) based in British Columbia
- Fostering an online community for health professionals interested in therapeutic nutrition
- Conducting research in therapeutic nutrition
- Developing a certification program in therapeutic nutrition
Science of Low Carbohydrate diets in type 2 diabetes and nutritional disease:
- Evidence for the prescription of low carbohydrate, high fat diets – http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/
- Dietary Carbohydrate restriction as first approach in type 2 diabetes – https://www.sciencedirect.com/
- Virta Health one-year study – https://www.virtahealth.com/
- Carbohydrate intake and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease – http://hbsn.amegroups.com/
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease most rapidly increasing reason for liver transplant in young adults – https://journals.lww.com/jcge/
Citation/2018/04000/ Nonalcoholic_Steatohepatitis_ is_the_Most_Rapidly.12.aspx
- List of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) comparing weight loss in low carb and low fat diets – https://phcuk.org/rcts/
- Are the US Dietary Guidelines Scientific? – https://www.bmj.com/content/
- Evidence from Randomized Controlled Trials did not support the introduction of the low fat dietary guidelines – http://openheart.bmj.com/
- Dietary Fat Guidelines – where next for public health? – http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/
- National Academy of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine report on the US Dietary Guidelines – https://www.nap.edu/catalog/
24883/redesigning-the-process- for-establishing-the-dietary- guidelines-for-americans
- Sugar, not fat, as a driver of cardiovascular disease – https://www.researchgate.net/
publication/263659760_ Hemoglobin_A1c_in_Nondiabetic_ Patients_An_Independent_ Predictor_of_Coronary_Artery_ Disease_and_Its_Severity
- Sugar, not salt, as ethology in cardiovascular disease – http://openheart.bmj.com/
- Ultra-processed food in Canada – http://www.heartandstroke.ca/-
/media/pdf-files/canada/media- centre/hs-report-upp-moubarac- dec-5-2017.ashx
- Insulin resistance – https://insulinresistance.org/
- Prevalence of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes – https://jamanetwork.com/
Instructional Video Series
Dr. Stephen Phinney has developed a 3 video series on ketosis and the ketogenic diet: https://www.dietdoctor.
Watch Sugar: The Bitter Truth, a groundbreaking lecture by US Pediatric Endocrinologist, Dr. Robert Lustig, about the harm of sugar.